Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Melancholy Days

Our friend Major passed on Monday and is running free in heaven now. I firmly believe one of God's greatest gifts is the dog.

Their lives are just not long enough - or perhaps ours are too long. It seems the dog embodies so much of what we wish we could be. Ever faithful, affectionate, loving, patient, obedient, happy,  living each moment, and above all, forgiving.


When the Man waked up he said, "What is Wild Dog doing here?" And the Woman said, "His name is not Wild Dog any more, but the First Friend, because he will be our friend for always and always and always." — Rudyard Kipling

4 comments:

Darla McDowell said...

This is such a beautiful photo of Major and a wonderful tribute, too. I am very sorry for the loss of your sweet boy, Robin. They truly are our best friends.

Judith said...

Dear Robin, How lovely your sweet dog was... and how sad to lose a such treasured friend. My husband and I said a similar farewell to our Labrador retreiver, Frankie, last March. I like your Kipling quote! I always try to remember that 'dog' is "god' spelled backwards... Thanks for posting that lovely photo of Major.

suzanneberry said...

Oh Robin, I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of Major! I so agree with you on every point. Dogs have been my closest friends and remain so. The only friend that was closer was/is Tim. And they are with us for such a short time. But they never leave us, whether we can see them or not. He is still with you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Marian Fortunati said...

A beautiful photo and tribute to a beautiful friend who will be in your heart always.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...